MHHC AGM 2018
Market Harborough Hockey Club
2018 Annual General Meeting
The AGM will take place at 7:30pm on Monday 11th June 2018 in The Royalist pub on Western Avenue.
Order of business to run as written in the Constitution. All suggestions to amend the Constitution must be with a member of the committee by Monday 4th June 2018. A copy of the Constitution is available from the Secretary on request, or available in the Members’ area of the club website under the “Club Rules & Policies” menu.
We will be voting on the following key areas at the AGM:
- A new committee structure for next year to better reflect the needs of our club
- Junior and Senior club fees for next year
- A number of updates to club rules and any suggestions to update the constitution put forward by members. (see below).
We will be electing the committee for the next year. Any club member (or parent of a junior member) is eligible to stand for any position. You can find ‘MHHC Role Descriptions’ available in the Members’ area of the club website under the “Club Rules & Policies” menu.
Thank you to those that have already expressed an interest in helping to play a small part in running the club next year. Please get in touch with any committee member if you are interested in helping out, whether it is for one of the existing roles, availability to help out occasionally for well defined jobs (e.g. at tournaments), or a role that you think will help the club continue to move forward.
Proposed changes to the Constitution:
- Inclusion of Junior Concession membership category
- Remove the requirement for the Chair/Vice-chair to sit on all sub-committees
- Reduce the “tolerance” on 60 day debt from £50 to Zero
- Change the requirements for who must be present at a committee meeting
- A number of minor updates to remove duplication and improve readability of the Constitution.
Whether you are a parent of a Junior or an established senior member, this is your opportunity to have your say about how the club is run and what you want from the club.
Any questions in advance can be sent to the chairperson by e-mail ([email protected]).
If you wish to vote by proxy, you MUST inform the secretary of who will be voting on your behalf.