Training has restarted this week, hooray!
The last training session before Christmas will be Weds 16th December.
Please book your place at training in advance, via the links below:
Unfortunately all Men’s and Women’s league matches have been postponed until January.
England Hockey Updated Guidance
The key points, in brief:
- For clubs in Tier 3 (such as MHHC), training and matches can take place but only for players and teams within the same Tier 3 Area (Leicester and Leicestershire).
- Car sharing is now not allowed outside of your household or bubble and will apply to adult teams travelling for hockey.
- There are no travel restrictions between Tiers for junior hockey activity (therefore, junior training is open to all junior members).
- Adult hockey players (including U18 players training or playing senior hockey) can only travel within their Tier 3 area to reach their club or to play matches within the same Tier 3 Area.
- Players that live in Tier 2 and are members of a Tier 3 club (such as MHHC) cannot travel into the Tier 3 area to get to their club.
- Volunteers and officials must follow participant guidance for the relevant tiers. They are only exempt from travel restrictions if they are required to facilitate exempt activity, e.g. under 18s activity.
- Updated Covid Guidance Dec 20
England Hockey are encouraging clubs to accept players that cannot access their usual club activity. Therefore, we have arranged with Northampton Saints for our members living in Northamptonshire to train with Saints during the duration of the latest restrictions. Please contact us for further details.
It is really important that all members adhere to the latest guidance to ensure we can keep playing the sport we all love. Please get in touch if you have any questions.
DO NOT PLAY IF YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SELF ISOLATE, OR IF YOU SHOW SUSPECTED SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19
If anything changes—you become unwell, need to self-isolate, or live in an area where the restrictions have changed—please contact the MHHC Covid Officer (email: [email protected]) as soon as possible.