MHHC Summer League
MHHC Senior Summer League 2021
19:00-21:00 at RSA
Match days: Thursday 17th, 24th June and 8th July (no matches on 1st July) U0001F3D1U0001F3D1U0001F3D1
Matches will be 5- or 6-a-side, depending on the numbers playing in each match (not all players are available for all 3 sessions). The fee is £5 per session, which will be charged to your club account.
Bowden Bears – playing in BLUE
Farndon Foxes – playing in RED
Harborough Hawks – playing in WHITE
Lubenham Lions – playing in YELLOW
Symington Scorpions – playing in BLACK
Welland Wolves – playing in GREEN
|Pitch 1||Pitch 2|
|Pitch 1||Pitch 2|
|Pitch 1||Pitch 2|
|League position||Final results|
It was an exciting end to the Summer League last night as the HAWKS and SCORPIONS battled it out in their last match of the League followed by the final, with HAWKS taking the trophy to win both the League and the 1st v 2nd place matches.
Lower down the table it was all to play for as the BEARS overtook the LIONS with a dramatic 3-1 win in their final match end up in 4th place. The BEARS went on to draw 3-3 against the FOXES in the 3rd v 4th place final match.
It was goals galore as the WOLVES drew 4-4 with the FOXES in their final match of the League, but it wasn’t quite enough to keep them off the bottom of the table. Another draw of 5-5 against the LIONS in the 5th v 6th place final match concluded the League.
We hope you all enjoyed it! We now have 4 weeks off before pre-season begins from 10th August. Have a great Summer!
Notes & rules:
- Please be aware that there will be players on the pitch with a wide range of abilities. This is a FRIENDLY COMPETITION.
- Please remember the UMPIRES will be inexperienced too. They should be encouraged as much as possible.
- Please stay in your team group when on the pitch—this is your ‘bubble’.
- We have organised the fixtures to reduce mixing as much as possible. If you do need to swap pitches, please ensure you are sociailly distanced at all times.
- Please ensure you use hand sanitiser and observe MHHC COVID-19 guidance at all times.
- As with all hockey activity at MHHC, spectatotrs are not permitted on the pitch.
- Each team has been selected in a way which tries to distribute players from the same squad equally across the teams.
- Each team has 7 or 8 players—please try to rotate so that everyone gets the same amount of pitch time. Please wear a match shirt in your allocated team colour.
- Each team is scheduled to umpire other matches. When it is your teams turn please make sure you have 2 volunteers (2 umpires for each match). Please encourage everyone to have a go at least once. Some may even enjoy it!
- If you have a whistle/stopwatch/cards please bring them—this should not mean that you have to umpire every game, but we might be short of equipment sometimes.
- Please make sure that someone writes the results of every match on the score sheets at the pitch—it might be best to nominate a volunteer in your team!
Normal hockey rules except:
- Each game will be 5-, 6-, or 7-a-side (depending on the number of available players), across half a pitch with full size goals.
- All games MUST be played with an equal number of players on each team.
- Each game will be 25 minutes one way.
- Each game MUST finish at the least 2 minutes before the next is due to start. This might mean a game finishes early if it starts late or is stopped for injuries, etc.
- Full size shooting circles as marked on the pitch.
- ALL shots on goal MUST be below backboard height, and must be pushed, flicked or slapped (i.e. no hits!).
- Defending team sets up with 3 players in their own defensive circle, and the rest in the other circle. Attackers may start anywhere on the pitch.
- Attacking team will have a free hit on the half way line.
- When play is started everyone (attack and defence) is immediately in-play.
- Penalty stroke will be a push/flick from half way, with no goalkeeper or defender (i.e. a free shot at an open goal).
If you have any questions please ask Wyn or Jo. We are sure we will have not thought of something, so some of the rules might have to change on the fly!
Please note: anyone who has outstanding 60 day debts to the club will NOT be allowed to take part. If this affects you please contact Wyn ASAP.